Thursday, March 23, 2006

Dan Gillmor writing for BBC

So, Dan Gillmor who wrote "We the Media" and then tried getting an online news and community going (the now defunct "Bayosphere") is writing for BBC Technology. What I enjoy are the reader comments. Somehow the tone of comments is interesting to me. They seem more conversational and as if from thinking individuals. Too many comments from USA posters sound like one-track mind politicos who troll endlessly for places to copy and paste their echoing comments. Yes, most of these do tend to be right-wingers. I won't say conservatives, because conservatives are often rational and too many of the right-wing blogger/commenters are living is a world of rhetoric, unnconnected to facts. Anyway, Dan's answers are interesting, though I don't always think he is right, especially on the democratization idea. I don't think that equal access to publishing tools is the same as democracy.
tags technorati :

No comments: